Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to Belongs! Belongs is an online and mobile service that allows you to tag your items to help your item to find you when you have lost it. Belon.gs lets you to place a reward for your items. Rewarding the offers a change for a founder of the item to receive a amount that owner of the item has offered via the PayPal services. Belon.gs lets you tag your items, view and edit your item lists on the belon.gs (the "Site"). We call the services available on the Site, whether accessed directly, or through other sites or such third party applications, the “Service(s).”
1. Sharing Your Content by tagging your items
1. Your content. Belongs allows you to tag, search and reunite items on the Service. Anything that you tag, post, display, or otherwise make available on our Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) in such content, is referred to as “User Content.” You retain all of your rights in all of the User Content you post to our Service.
2. How Belongs and other users can use your content. Subject to any applicable account settings you select, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, re-tag, modify (e.g., re-format), re-arrange, and distribute your User Content on Belongs for the purposes of operating and providing the Service(s) to you and to our other Users. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict Belongs rights under separate licenses to User Content. Please remember that the Belongs Service is a public platform with the online chat, and that other Users may search for, see, use any User Content that you make publicly available through the Service.
3. How long we keep your content: Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from your account or your boards, Belongs may retain your User Content for a reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
4. Your responsibility for your content:
i. To Belongs and our community. Belongs provides a trustful and positive place for you to tag and find lost and found items. To keep it that way, we ask that you review and agree to abide by our Belongs Etiquette. We must also insist that you only use our Service in a manner that is consistent with the Belongs Acceptable Use Policy. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove User Content from the Service for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or the Belongs Acceptable Use Policy. Please — be a good citizen on Belongs, and always respect our Service and its Users.
ii. To third parties. Belongs values and respects the rights of third party creators and content owners, and expects you to do the same. You therefore agree that any User Content that you post to the Service does not and will not violate any law or infringe the rights of any third party, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (defined below), publicity rights or rights of privacy. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove User Content from the Service for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or the Belongs Acceptable Use Policy. It is important that you understand that you are in the best position to know if the materials you post are legally allowed. We therefore ask that you please be careful when deciding whether to make User Content available on our Service. To learn more about copyright and fair use, please read more for some links to useful third party resources.
5. Definition of Intellectual Property Rights. When we refer to “Intellectual Property Rights” in these Terms, we mean all patent rights; copyright rights; moral rights; rights of publicity; trademark, trade dress and service mark rights (and associated goodwill); trade secret rights; and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications for any of these rights and registrations, renewals and extensions of any of these rights, in each case under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
6. Feedback you provide: We value hearing from our Users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Belongs more awesome. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments, ideas or feedback about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction; your disclosure will not place Belongs under any fiduciary or other obligation; and we are free to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the Feedback without any restriction and without additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, Belongs does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Belongs, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
2. Belongs Content
1. Belongs Content. Except for User Content, the Service itself, all content and other subject matter included on or within the Service, and all Intellectual Property Rights in or related to the Service or any such content or other subject matter (“Belongs Content”) are the property of Belongs and its licensors. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, you agree not to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, or otherwise exploit the Belongs Content without our permission.
2. Our license to you. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms and our Acceptable Usage Policy, we grant you a license to use the Service, including accessing and viewing Belongs Content, for your personal, noncommercial use to allow you to express yourself, discuss public issues, report on issues of public concern, engage in parody and as expressly permitted by the features of the Service. Belongs may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason. Except for the rights and licenses expressly granted, Belongs reserves all other rights and no other rights are granted by implication or otherwise.
3. Copyright Policy
Belongs has adopted and implemented the Belongs Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please read our Copyright Policy.
4. Using Belongs
1. Who can use Belongs. You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with Belongs, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited. Because we respect the Belongs community, the Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Belongs.
3. Terminating your account. You may close your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your User account or access to the Service for any reason, without notice or liability to you, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of our Acceptable Use Policy or these Terms, or for no reason. Upon termination of your use of the Service, you continue to be bound by Sections 1b (How Belongs and other users can use your content), 1c (How long we keep your content), 1e (Feedback you provide), 1f (Definition of Intellectual Property Rights), 2a (Belongs Content), 3 (Copyright Policy), 4c (Terminating your account), 4f (Your interactions with other Users), and 6 through 12 (inclusive) of these Terms. For information about how your User Content will be handled after any termination of your account, please see the “How long we keep your content” section above.
4. Your responsibility for your account. When you create your Belongs account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Please be sure to provide us with up to date contact information for you so we know how to reach you. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you agree to keep your account login and password secure. You must immediately notify Belongs of any compromise of your credentials you become aware of and any unauthorized use of your account.
5. Changes to the Service. Here at Belongs, we’re always innovating and finding ways to provide our Users with new and innovative features and services. Therefore, we may, without prior notice, change the Service; add features, stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service.
6. Your interactions with other Users. Please keep in mind that you are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Belongs will have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction. Please help to make Belongs a positive and respectful community.
5. Privacy and Security
6. Third-party Links, Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Belongs. Belongs does not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from the Service, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Belongs will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
Payment services for Belongs are provided by the PayPal, Inc. To use the Belongs services you must agree to their user agreement. User Agreement for PayPal™ can be found from: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside.
1. Payment Obligations and Contact Information. You must (i) provide Belongs with accurate and complete billing information including legal name, address, telephone number, and billing information, and (ii) report to Belongs all changes to this information within 30 days of the change. You may pay for the Services by using PayPal. If you pay for the Services via PayPal, you shall be subject to and governed by the PayPal Terms of Service, which can be found on the PayPal website https://www.paypal.com and this Services Agreement. You are responsible for any charges to your account. If you have questions regarding charges to an account, you should contact Belongs Customer Care Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Charges are billed to your credit or debit cards or your PayPal account each month for the applicable service plan and any additional usage or services. Belongs is not responsible for any charges or expenses (e.g., for overdrawn accounts, exceeding credit card limits, insufficient PayPal funds, etc.) resulting from charges correctly billed by Belongs. If you do not pay us money you owe us on time, we may suspend or terminate your access to the Services. However, subscription services fees and late fees will continue to accrue until you or we cancel your account; provided that these late fees will not exceed the applicable legal limits. All charges are considered valid unless you dispute them in writing within 60 days of the billing date. Adjustments will not be made for charges that are more than 60 days old.
3. Once your order is finalized, you cannot cancel it before the end of the subscription period you have requested, unless our service is not substantially in accordance with this Agreement and that entitles you under normal legal rules to terminate your order. You can prevent your monthly subscription from automatically renewing for a further period by notifying us before your present subscription ends.
4. Your monthly subscription will renew automatically for the subscription period you selected when you registered for your account unless you tell us before the end of the current subscription period that you do not want your subscription to be renewed, or if we no longer make the Services available.
5. If payment cannot be charged to your PayPal account or credit or debit card or your charge is returned to Belongs for any reason. Belongs reserves the right to pursue any and all legal remedies to collect the amount owed by you, to suspend or terminate your access to the Belongs service and your account, and to terminate all obligations of Belongs under this Services Agreement.
8. Rewarding and donating
1. Our rewarding and donation service. BELONGS takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any unpaid rewards or promises made by other party. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to promises that are inaccurate, objectionable or otherwise false.
2. Rewarding is made possible by payment preauthorization. The Belongs rewarding service enables users to set reward for their items. This functions by preauthorizing a payment for the given value through a payment service. You agree that the preauthorized payment is executed upon pressing the “Release Reward” button, part of the preauthorized amount being sent to the finder of the item and part to Belongs. The amount will not be returned.
3. Making donations. You can make donations by following the instructions on the website. Donations can be made by debit card, credit card or by transferring money through PayPal. Once a donation is made using the website, the transaction is final and cannot be disputed or reversed unless it was made fraudulently. If you become aware of any fraudulent use of your debit card, credit card or PayPal account you should report this to your card operator or to PayPal in accordance with their reporting rules. When you make a donation, it may be necessary for us to verify your identity or the details which you have given to us. You agree that you will provide such information or documents as we may reasonably request from time to time to enable us to do this.
9. Terms of delivery
Acknowledgement of order
Once we have received your order, we will send you an order acknowledgement by e-mail.
If you want to order specific amount of sheets or belon.gs stickers, please contact us directly at email@example.com and we will agree upon the delivery separately.
Date of delivery
In case of paid order
In case paying something of your order through pay what you want the delivery will take place within an average of 2-30 weekdays from the date on which we have received your order.
In case of free order
In case you haven’t paid anything of your order we will not be held responsible if we cannot deliver any of our products in any specific time.
In case of refer point orders
In case of ordering products with your refer point we will deliver products while the stock lasts, in any case we will not be held responsible if we cannot deliver any of our products in any specific time.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Belongs and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), arising out of or in any way related to (i) your access to or use of the Services or Belongs Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your breach of any of these Terms.
THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL CONTENT AND OTHER SUBJECT MATTER INCLUDED WITHIN THE SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BELONGS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
BELONGS takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your AND OTHER USERS’ online distribution and publication of your AND THEIR User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
12. Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, BELONGS CONTENT, AND USER CONTENT REMAINS WITH YOU AND YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER BELONGS NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR FROM THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, USER CONTENT, BELONGS CONTENT, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT BELONGS HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
IN NO EVENT WILL BELONGS’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, OR THAT OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, USER CONTENT OR BELONGS CONTENT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (\). THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN BELONGS AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States and Finland. Belongs makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable national, state, local or other laws, statutes, directives, rules, regulations, and all interpretations or orders of any government, administrative or regulatory authority or court, including but not limited to those related to export and import of software, technical information or services. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States or Finland, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
13. Arbitration and Governing Law:
1. For any dispute you have with Belongs, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that Belongs has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes then in effect for the AAA, except as provided herein. Unless you and Belongs agree otherwise, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. Each party will be responsible for paying any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with AAA rules, except that Belongs will pay for your reasonable filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees if your claim for damages does not exceed \,000 and is non-frivolous (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)). The award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses, and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or unauthorized access to the Service. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND BELONGS ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
2. Governing Law. You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Belongs, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. These Terms shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. We each agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Santa Clara County, California or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, for any actions for which either party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, as further described in the Arbitration provision above.
14. General Terms
. Assignment. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Belongs without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
. Restricted Rights. If the Belongs Software is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies: This is commercial computer software. If acquired by or on behalf of an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government (“Government”), the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure, or transfer (“use”) of this software, and any related documentation of any kind, including technical data or manuals no matter how received by the Government, is restricted by the terms and conditions of a license agreement in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 12.212 for civilian agencies, and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement 227.7202 for military agencies. All other use is prohibited.
. Entire Agreement/Severability. These Terms, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Belongs in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Belongs concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
. No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Belongs’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
. Contact. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding these Terms.
These Terms were last modified on June 7th, 2012.
Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, terms used in this Policy have the same meanings as in our Belongs Terms of Service, accessible at http://Belon,gs/terms. As used in this Policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Belongs, Inc. is the corporate name for Belongs. In this Policy, we will refer to Belongs, Inc. as “Belongs”, “our”, “us” or “we.”
We take your privacy seriously. We are providing this Policy to inform you of our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information on our Service. We also want to inform you about your choices regarding information. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know (see “How to contact us” section below).
Note that this Policy may be modified from time to time in our sole discretion, so check back frequently. We will notify you of any changes to the Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the “last modified” date at the top of this page.
1. How we collect informationWe collect information in three basic ways:
1. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered User of our Service, and when you use certain aspects of our Service (e.g., entering an email address on a form to send an email from your Belongs account).
2. We collect information when you register to join Belongs by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter) via our Service. For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. If you are not currently registered as a User on the Service and you click on “Sign in Using Facebook,” you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Belongs.
3. When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
2. What information we collect and how we use it
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your “Non-Identifying Information,” see below) to provide the Service to you. For example:
i. Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
ii. Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Belongs newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings. (See “Your choices regarding information,” below.)
iii. Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
2. Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration, the operation, and personalization of your boards on Belongs that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (e.g., without limitation, age and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be personally identified or contacted. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your viewing preferences)We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Belongs Users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
3. Log Data. When you visit the Service, whether as a registered User or a non-registered User just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
3. Sharing of your information
1. Belongs Users. When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile or visual collection, other Belongs Users will not be able see your name. If you choose to provide additional Personal Information in your profile, Belongs Users will not see such additional Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your photo, location, website and biography. Providing additional Personal Information is voluntary. We recommend that you guard and refrain from disclosing any information you consider sensitive and confidential.
2. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
3. Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
4. Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your Belongs account (including your Personal Information) with the SNSs that you have linked to your Belongs account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the SNS has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and not for other purposes.
o Facebook Connect and Twitter. We allow Users to link their Facebook and Twitter accounts to our Service. Users can then post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook/Twitter service. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect and/or Twitter. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on Facebook/Twitter by making selections in your “Edit Profile” settings via the Service.
5. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Belongs cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Belongs or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
6. Business Transfers. Belongs may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
4. Your choices regarding information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
1. Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings
2. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
3. De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Belongs account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. (For more information on how to control your User Content on the Belongs Service, including information regarding the use and storage of your User Content, please see the “Sharing Your Content” section in our Terms of Service.)
5. Links to other sites and services
Our Service contains links to other third-party websites and online services. If you choose to visit another website or online service by clicking on a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we may link to a website or online service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and online services, and these third parties may place their own cookies or other files on your computer and collect data or solicit Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information from you. Other sites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites or online services you visit before providing any information or using such websites or services.
6. How we store and protect information
1. Information Security. We care about the security of your information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained through the Service. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons.
2. Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Belongs. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not request your credit card information, login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
3. Breach Notification. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Service in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
7. Our policy towards children’s information
This Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at info@Belon.gs. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or any of the practices described herein, please contact us at 228 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, United States. Tel: +1 650 798 5000 or send us an email at info@Belon.gs.
TERMS AND PRIVACY
Belongs provides a platform to tag and found lost items. To keep the Belongs running smoothly for all of our Users, you agree that you will use the Service only in a manner consistent with the following Acceptable Use Policy.
You agree not to post User Content that:
- creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations;
- contains any information or content we deem to be hateful, violent, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
- infringes any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other personal or proprietary rights;
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive.
- You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Service, any individual element within the Service, the Belongs name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page, without our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Belongs system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Belongs or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Belongs Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services, User Content or Belongs Content or scrape or download User Content or Belongs Content from the Services, or otherwise use, upload content to, or create new links, reposts, or referrals in the Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Belongs or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized spam and spam comments on posts, advertising messages, promotional materials, email, junk mail, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Except for use of a “No Belongs” instruction, use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Belongs or Belongs trademark, logo, URL, or product name without Belongs’s express written consent;
- Use the Service for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party, except as otherwise explicitly permitted for you by Belongs or in any manner not permitted by the Terms;
- Use Belongs user information to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the activities prohibited in this Acceptable Use Policy.
Belongs reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any User Content for any reason or for no reason, including User Content that Belongs believes violates this Acceptable Use Policy or its Terms of Service. Belongs may also permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a User account without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in Belongs’s sole determination, a User violates any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy , our Terms of Service, or for no reason.